Yucca Filamentosa (Yucca Palm) is native to arid areas in the Americas and Caribbean. Often confused with the yuca, this plant is not edible and is not made into the popular yuca fries. Yuca is another name for the cassava root, while yucca is a large, flowering desert tree with beautiful spiky foliage and white blooms.
Our 10" yucca cane is 2-3 feet in height and has been grown by a Florida nursery with a 60,000 sq ft European style ebb and flood irrigation system, which provides plants with maximum water and nutrients while aerating roots to prevent disease and decay. This type of growing system allows the nursery to grow consistently high-quality plants are year long, as opposed to other growers who use traditional irrigation systems (sprinklers, drips, etc.) and are at the mercy of environmental factors to produce the same results.
Because of this nursery's system, you can be sure that the plant you're getting has a strong, healthy root system, and has been carefully monitored for pests, fungus, disease and other factors that may impact the plant's condition. Known for their dracaenas, monsteras, aglaonemas, and sansevierias, this nursery is as professional as they come and does not disappoint with their availability and product.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- 10" nursery pot with drainage holes. Recommend transplanting within 1 year into a vessel 1-2 inches larger using regular potting mix
- Clean leaves with damp paper towel every 1-2 weeks to aid photosynthesis and stimulate growth. Check leaves and stalks for pests while cleaning
- If pests are found, remove with damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas
- Toxic to pets, contact your veterinarian in the event that sap, leaves, or any part of plant is ingested
- Water thoroughly once every 10-14 days and allow excess water to run out the drainage holes in the pot or whichever vessel you transplant into. If your pot has no drainage holes, we will add clay drainage balls to the bottom of the pot, however avoid overwatering
- High indirect light, avoid window sills as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage plant
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
This item ships free.
All items are shipped from Florida on Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend. Depending on your location and the weather conditions across the country, we may be forced to hold on shipping until conditions improve as we have had items freeze while sitting in Chicago for four days and get delayed due to heavy holiday volume (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). We will make every attempt to ship your item promptly on the very next Monday or Tuesday given that there are no anomalies in shipping conditions.
Items received in a damaged condition will be refunded immediately as we investigate the cause of the issue with the shipper. Returns will not be accepted, please dispose of any unusable items after they have been refunded.