The elusive Ficus Benghalensis (Ficus Audrey or Banyan Tree) is the national tree of India and is hard to find amongst the nurseries of today's houseplants. If Audrey were a bird, she'd be a rare one, hidden out of sight and seen only briefly at certain times of the year.
The tree under which Buddha achieved enlightenment, or so the legend has it, can reach up to 100 feet in height and grows the most majestic trunks, often several meters in diameter with numerous small shoots making up a much larger base. Famous for its roots covering Ankor Wat in Cambodia, these trees are truly spectacular as they age and grow.
Our 12-18" tall ficus Audrey has been grown by two local Florida nurseries serving the houseplant industry for several decades. While the plant is elusive, we have cultivated good relationships with these key growers of the plant and make the plant available to the public as soon as we hear about them.
Supplies are limited and not available year round, get yours while available.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- 6" pot depending on your choice. Recommend transplanting within 1-2 years into a vessel 1-2 inches larger using regular potting mix
- Clean leaves with damp paper towel every 1-2 weeks to aid photosynthesis and stimulate growth. Check leaves and stalks for pests while cleaning
- If pests are found, remove with damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas
- Toxic to pets, contact your veterinarian in the event that sap, leaves, or any part of plant is ingested
- Water thoroughly once every 7 days and allow excess water to run out the drainage holes in the nursery pot or whichever vessel you transplant into. If your pot has no drainage holes, we will add clay drainage balls to the bottom of the pot, however avoid overwatering
- Medium indirect light, avoid windows as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage plant
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Standard $7 flat rate shipping. Free shipping on orders over $75.
All items are shipped from Florida on Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend. Depending on your location and the weather conditions across the country, we may be forced to hold on shipping until conditions improve as we have had items freeze while sitting in Chicago for four days and get delayed due to heavy holiday volume (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). We will make every attempt to ship your item promptly on the very next Monday or Tuesday given that there are no anomalies in shipping conditions.
Items received in a damaged condition will be refunded immediately as we investigate the cause of the issue with the shipper. Returns will not be accepted, please dispose of any unusable items after they have been refunded.