Air plants (tillandsia) are native to the tropic and sub-tropic regions of the Americas. A cousin to the pineapple, the xerographica is known for its ability to survive without dirt either in trees or near water. This epiphyte may bloom once in its lifetime in the right conditions.
Our air plants are grown in sunny Southern Florida by a nursery specializing in bromeliads and tillandsia of all types and sizes. Staghorn ferns, tree-grown bromeliads, air plants, and Spanish moss are all on display at this specialty grower that has been in the business since the houseplant boom decades ago.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Approximately 6-8" in diameter.
- Safe for pets, though monitor if ingested.
- Soak thoroughly each week for 20-30 minutes and spray with mister every 2-3 days. It is normal for water to accumulate in the plant's center. You can read some fundamental rules of watering here.
- Check leaves and stalks for pests while watering. For more information on the importance of cleaning leaves, read our guide here.
- If pests are found, remove with damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas. More information on common pest problems can be found here.
- Medium to high indirect light, avoid windows as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage plant. You can find our plant placement guidelines here.
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Standard $4.95 flat rate shipping. Free shipping on orders over $65.
All items are shipped from Florida on Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend. Depending on your location and the weather conditions across the country, we may be forced to hold on shipping until conditions improve as we have had items freeze while sitting in Chicago for four days and get delayed due to heavy holiday volume (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). We will make every attempt to ship your item promptly on the very next Monday or Tuesday given that there are no anomalies in shipping conditions.
Items received in a damaged condition will be refunded immediately as we investigate the cause of the issue with the shipper. Returns will not be accepted, please dispose of any unusable items after they have been refunded.