Hoya Carnosa Rubra (Variegated Hoya Carnosa) is native to Eastern Asia and Australia. Hoyas come in a variety of colors and shapes, some with pink and white (rubra), some crinkled (compacta), and some all green like the carnosa. The rubra and all hoyas will flower given the right conditions, however it usually takes several years of growth in the same pot with no change to lighting or watering.
Our 6" variegated hoya plant has been grown by a husband and wife team in South Florida that has specialized in hoyas and climbing totems since the company started. Known for the quality of their materials and propagation techniques, the company aims to create some of the market's best hanging and climbing foliage. Truly a pleasure to work with, the owners have always gone out of their way to partner with us and bring their products to you!
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- 6" nursery pot with drainage holes. Recommend transplanting within 1-2 years into a vessel 1-2 inches larger using regular potting mix.
- Clean leaves with damp paper towel every 1-2 weeks to aid photosynthesis and stimulate growth. Check leaves and stalks for pests while cleaning. For more information on the importance of cleaning leaves, read our guide here.
- If pests are found, remove with damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas. More information on common pest problems can be found here.
- Pet friendly, though monitor closely if any part of plant is ingested.
- Water thoroughly once every 10-14 days and allow excess water to run out the drainage holes in the nursery pot or whichever vessel you transplant into. If your pot has no drainage holes, we recommend adding clay drainage balls to the bottom of the pot, however avoid overwatering. You can read some fundamentals of watering here.
- High indirect light, avoid windows as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage plant. You can find our plant placement guidelines here.
SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Standard $4.95 flat rate shipping. Free shipping on orders over $65.
All items are shipped from Florida on Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend. Depending on your location and the weather conditions across the country, we may be forced to hold on shipping until conditions improve as we have had items freeze while sitting in Chicago for four days and get delayed due to heavy holiday volume (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). We will make every attempt to ship your item promptly on the very next Monday or Tuesday given that there are no anomalies in shipping conditions.
Items received in a damaged condition will be refunded immediately as we investigate the cause of the issue with the shipper. Returns will not be accepted, please dispose of any unusable items after they have been refunded.